The abbey church
Cistercian monks founded an abbey in this secluded valley in the Vaucluse in 1148. The church was consecrated in 1178.
The abbey church and the north wing of the abbey
The chevet of the church and the north wing of the abbey
The liturgical east end of the church is facing north, due to the geographical limitations of the valley.
The warming room
The only heated room (calefactory) in the abbey apart from the kitchen, it was used as a sciptorium.
This demon is facing the chapter house.