The west façade
The Augustinian abbey of Saint-Jean-des-Vignes in Soissons was founded ca. 1076. The first Romanesque monastery was rebuilt in the 12th and 13th century in the Gothic style. The imposing church, of which now only the west front remains, was completed in the early 16th century.
The abbey was gradually abandoned and dismantled during the French Revolution. Besides the church façade, only the refectory and cellar, and parts of two cloisters still stand.