Chevet (c. 1200-1210) and south transept (c. 1177-1190)
The Romanesque cathedral was gradually rebuilt into the High Gothic building we see today. Work on the new cathedral started with the transept around 1177. However, only the south arm of the transept was completed by 1190. The choir was consecrated in 1212, while the nave was completed by 1230. The west façade was begun in 1230/1235, the north transept in 1240. Both were finished by 1260.