Rome - Marc Haegeman Photography

Church of the Gesù

The main church of the Jesuit Order was built between 1568 and 1584, following a design by Giacomo Barozzi da Vignola and completed by Giacomo Della Porta.
The frescoes on the ceiling and the dome, depicting the "Triumph of the Sacred Name of Jesus" and "the Vision of heaven", were designed by Giovanni Battista Gaulli (1661-1685)